Sunday 7 April 2013

E&E Ruffled Tunic Top

Recently I purchased Elegance & Elephants's Ruffled Tunic Top pattern. I loved the simplicity of the design, the three style options and the potential for customization-as I can never follow a pattern properly!

It recommended light fabrics, but as we are heading into winter I decided to try it with something a little heavier. The first I made out of a medium weight duckcloth and chose the A-line dress version. Whilst all three options are adorable, this one I thought would be most practical for Ember.

I made a size 3, so it will last longer! It also makes it longer in length on her, so it will be warmer through the winter months.




It is such a versatile little dress! Ember wore it when we went to Kangaroo Island. Please excuse how crumpled it looks! We had a big day that day, going to a honey farm, eucalyptus oil farm, lavender farm and then meeting the wallabies where we stayed.



The second A-line I made I decided to line for warmth. The outer shell is quilting cotton and the lining flannelette. I think I over complicated how I lined it but I'm sure next time will be easier!


Hopefully I'll be able to get some photos of Ember in this one over the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment