Actually I managed to finish a whole garment...with a little help from my friend who popped around to veg out on my couch and keep Miss Ember entertained and away from my pin cushions.
I made another jacket for this [and probably next] winter, using Puperita's Red Riding Hood Jacket pattern, found on etsy here. I made it fully reversible with pockets on both sides
I found a gorgeous drill printed with elephants and chose a deep red quilting cotton that matched the apples on elephant drill.
For added warmth I decided [after I cut all the pieces out!] to use some wadding left over from some of my quilts. I quilted it onto the red cotton in 1.5" squares to give it some texture and interest. Next time I will definitely quilt the uncut fabric rather than each piece, as it probably took me 2-3 hours just to rule up the quilting lines and quilt it!
I fussy cut the pockets and pocket flaps to frame a few of the elephants from the fabric. The flaps can easily tuck into the pockets so they don't get in the way on the inside of the jacket.
I can't wait to try this on Miss Ember and take some photos of her with on!
I also made these shorts last night...don't think it really counts for the KCW, but I love them! They're Elegance and Elephant's new Bubble Shorts pattern.