Saturday 27 April 2013

KCW: Day 6: Sewing for Charity

I am very grateful I live in a country where I can buy pretty fabrics and sew for my daughter. As part of this challenge I wanted to make some clothes for underprivileged children.


Originally I was going to donate them to Dress A Girl Around The World Australia, but then I remembered my Aunty and Uncle run a charity in Canada called Agape in Action. They do a lot of work in Africa, especially with children [they run sponsor a child programs similar to World Vision, build schools and orphanages]. 




The dresses are pillowcase dresses, using the free pattern and tutorial from The Mother Huddle. So far I have made two size 4s [the frogs] and four 3Ms [the ducks]. I'm finding it a great way to use up some of my stash which I don't really want, but I'm too lazy to get rid of! I have a large pile of fabric which I have earmarked for charity dresses.


So hopefully these dresses along with a some more will be winging their way over there.


No comments:

Post a Comment