The green overalls Ember is wearing in these photos belonged to her dad when he was a kid! I love the idea of her wearing something that was her dads. They're really cute and quite a simple design. Unfortunately she is fast out growing them! I'm guessing in a month or so she will no longer fit into them.
It wasn't particularly difficult to trace a pattern from them. All up there was 8 pattern pieces. Much better than the 18 odd for my other [bought] overalls pattern!
Instead of using buttons, I used plastic snaps. I still have no inclination to work out how to use my button holer on my machine. There is one snap on each side and snaps on the straps which tuck behind the bib.
I added in a pocket on the back, which is not on the original pair but I thought made a cute addition.
After I finished this pair-which is the same size as the original, I graded the pattern up a size [to size 2] and made a second pair. The size two I made in green wide wale cord with a gorgeous quilting cotton from Leere Aldrich called Nature's Walk Notebook. Unfortunately I haven't got any photos of the second pair yet, as they aren't complete.